PLOS is a global leader in Open Access Publishing. We are compliant with the RCUK’s strongly preferred Gold Open Access option.
How PLOS complies with the new RCUK policy:
- All PLOS journals publish Open Access with articles made immediately available online, with no access charges and no restrictions on reuse (for example, for teaching purposes) – this is the highest level of compliance with RCUK policy
- All PLOS journals offer a CC BY licence, as required by RCUK
- All PLOS journals ask authors to provide details of their funding in a financial disclosure statement – ensuring authors meet RCUK’s requirement that funding sources are acknowledged in published articles
- All PLOS authors may provide details of how to access underlying research materials (e.g. links to datasets) within their article to ensure RCUK policy compliance.
Why PLOS should be first choice for RCUK-funded researchers:
- All PLOS journals are compliant to RCUK’s highest preferred standard
- No separate contracts required between PLOS and funders
- No extra steps for authors to conform to any Open Access policy
- All articles published in PLOS journals are archived in PubMed Central immediately upon publication
- All PLOS journals offer rigorous and fair peer review
- We have published over 68,000 Open Access articles since 2003
- PLOS journals attract over 4.4 million article views per month
- Article Processing Charges are affordable and are often half those charged by hybrid Open Access journals (journals that have subscription-access content as well as Open Access content)