PLOS Currents is an innovative, online publication channel for new scientific research and ideas organized by focused research areas. It aims to minimize the delay between the generation and publication of new research and publishes content that is peer-reviewed; citable; publicly archived in PubMed; and indexed by Scopus.
PLOS Currents removes barriers to communication and exchange through:
- A single, integrated authoring and publishing platform.
- An open, flexible article format and structure to best suit research and increase ease of submission.
- A streamlined peer-review process, which determines as rapidly as possible if the submission represents a legitimate work of science and does not contain any obvious methodological, ethical or legal violations. Emphasis is placed on the results and data, rather than perceived impact.
- Targeted publishing within a defined research community where results proliferate in a focused manner, enhancing interaction and advancing innovation.
The six PLOS Currents sections are:
- Evidence on Genomic Tests
- Huntington Disease (produced with support from CHDI Foundation)
- Muscular Dystrophy (produced with support from Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy)
- Tree of Life
To contact PLOS Currents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.