We have a unique opportunity to ignite change by supporting the Federal Research Public Access Act (FRPAA). This bill will ensure free, timely, online access to the published results of research funded by eleven U.S. federal agencies. Significantly, at the Federal level FRPAA has been introduced into the House and Senate at the same time and it is also being supported at a State level through an initiative called the Taxpayer Access to Publicly Funded Research Act (TAPFR) in New York.
We invite you to take part in a campaign of direct action to let congress know that we support broader access to research. The Alliance for Taxpayer Access (ATA) has many different ways for you to get involved (and they make it easy to participate):
- Ask your representative to co-sponsor FRPAA
- Thank the representatives that re-introduced the bill
- Ask your organization to write a letter in support of the bill or make a public statement about it
- Sign the ATA petition
- Show everyone that you care by displaying the I support Public Access banner
- Like SPARC’s Facebook Page and follow them on Twitter, then share with your friends and followers
Remember, the more you do the more congress will know how we feel, so let’s get busy in support of FRPAA!